Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Community of Evoque enthusiasts,

Curious about 2015 Evoques and if the transmission "hard shifting" problem, causing transmission replacements, has been resolved or if this is something about which the wife and I need to be congnizant.

Love the car as it has much more pep than I thought from a 4 cylinder, and the stealth mode is uber fantastic. But it lacks the room of my Disco, which my wife deems too big for her. So the compromise begins.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its my understanding starting in 2014 Evoque has the new 9 speed transmission which has none of the issues of the previous 6 speed. Shifts smoother and should have better fuel economy.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Last April I was in a 14 Evoque Loaner and wasn't impressed at all with the 9 speed tranny. Unfortunately my Evoque is in service for the second time this month. I have had 2 different loaner LR2's with the 9 speed and noticed a significant improvement. The later 9 speed tranny applications have great acceleration with smooth, deliberate shifts.

Congratulations on the 2015 Evoque purchase Disco!

·
Registered
25 Posts
What's the reason for the transmission replacement? I have a feeling I'm headed for that if mine won't stop vibrating and lugging... I don't think it's a fuel injection issue, as the dealer has been fiddling with that for months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts