Evoque Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am sure many of the dealer stock Evoques were tested by some other driver before it was sold, and I am sure they were not on the lot long enough to be a demo. But they were demo driven by others.

I know I tested drove a black coupe. I also test drove my Evoque, it had 12 miles on it when I tested it, then I bought it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got mine and it was a demo with 2000 miles on it. Got a $1000 discount on it, plus some fees waived, not much. Was pretty desperate. Pretty sure I should have negotiated harder, but had a queue of people wanting to buy it if I didn't, and 3-4 month wait to order a new one.

·
Registered
326 Posts
With the demand so high, and the wait so long I think 1K off and fees waived is about the best one could due, especially with others in line waiting to get it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No sales person that I know personally would ever buy a demo model. It depends on what you are doing with the vehicle. If you lease, then demo is fine, but if you purchase, every car sales guy will say "no." I have a friend that used to be a LR sales person, he said he'd NEVER buy a demo LR. The reason is they're beaten on pretty hard by people who don't know what they're doing, and it's just not worth the wear and tear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got my Evoque this weekend and it was this situation where I bought the dealer's son's car. It had 5k miles on it and I leased it. It was a pure premium couple and they dropped 5k off the price so I thought it was worth it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just got my Evoque this weekend and it was this situation where I bought the dealer's son's car. It had 5k miles on it and I leased it. It was a pure premium couple and they dropped 5k off the price so I thought it was worth it.
Sounds like a good deal for a lease. I would hope the dealers son respected the car. 5K is not many miles.:cool: 5K off is real good

·
Registered
31 Posts
The car is in perfect shape cosmetically, so I think he took pretty good care of it. I will have to get some pictures up soon. There are not a lot of coupes left that aren't fully loaded and run about $59k. I was lucky to get the one I did at the price I did.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought mine as an exhibition modell. It was in Dubai and then at the Geneva car show. The first time I did such a procedure... and I think also the last time. Exhibition Cars are often not built for use than for been looked at. So there was a bunch of work to get it "ready to road". Anyhow: its the car I wanted. Already 1/2 a year old, but only 150 KM driven.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts