Evoque Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leave my front wiper on "auto" rain sensing mode. It seems that every morning when I start my car (it stays in the garage) the wipers will operate one time then stop. I can't say that it is every time, but if isn't it is at least 80-90% of the time. Is this normal? FWIW, mine is a 2015.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I leave my front wiper on "auto" rain sensing mode. It seems that every morning when I start my car (it stays in the garage) the wipers will operate one time then stop. I can't say that it is every time, but if isn't it is at least 80-90% of the time. Is this normal? FWIW, mine is a 2015.
I have 2015 also parked in the garage, this is normal. The rain sensor is establishing a baseline. A quick swish of the wiper ensures that zero moisture is on the wind screen, establishing a baseline for the sensor. I'm guessing that it the wiper does not cycle, that it does not sense and condensation.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I forgot what other brands call it but I remember seeing “courtesy wipe” bring the name for this. On some cars it can be turned off so it doesn’t wipe once on every start. Check the Evoque settings in the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts