Evoque Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A rock hit my windshield and I have a large star and crack in it. How much is it to replace? I assume if I go through insurance it would be my $500 deductible? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
google windshield replacement <your state>

Some states (like mine) require insurance companies to replace windshields with no deductible. Some others have other special provisions.

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
A broken windshield should be covered under your comprehensive insurance. If you have a $500 deductible, then yes you would have to pay that. Below is a link to a Land Rover dealer parts diagram for the windshield. Be prepared, they aren't cheap, so here's hoping your comprehensive will cover it. I don't know if anyone is making off brand windshields for the Evoque or not. Evoques are fairly rare here in the US, so I wouldn't think it would be profitable for the after market to make them.

https://www.landrovermerriamparts.com/parts/2015/Land Rover/Range Rover Evoque/Pure?siteid=215719&vehicleid=421374&diagram=7125290

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately my state make you pay your deductible.. I got a ridiculous quote of like $1300 from the dealer.. Guess I'll be contacting my insurance company. Hope they will be able to do a competent job with the heated windshield, rain sensor and such .. I guess it should be my $500 deductible

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A broken windshield should be covered under your comprehensive insurance. If you have a $500 deductible, then yes you would have to pay that. Below is a link to a Land Rover dealer parts diagram for the windshield. Be prepared, they aren't cheap, so here's hoping your comprehensive will cover it. I don't know if anyone is making off brand windshields for the Evoque or not. Evoques are fairly rare here in the US, so I wouldn't think it would be profitable for the after market to make them.

https://www.landrovermerriamparts.com/parts/2015/Land Rover/Range Rover Evoque/Pure?siteid=215719&vehicleid=421374&diagram=7125290
Looks like it would be $725 for my coupe ?. And that's without their labor costs from the dealer. I will see what the insurance company says

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a crack across my windshield this winter. I wanted it replaced as soon as possible. Tried to set up an appointment at the dealer only to find out I had to order the windshield ($1,300) and then once it came in I had to schedule an appointment to get another outside party to come in and install it at the dealership. I then tried Safelite Auto Glass. Long story short, the next day I had a new windshield done at my work for $675. No insurance, no deductible. The windshield is just about the exact same (solar glass, heated, rain sensing, etc). Can't really tell a difference other than the shape of the cutout for the toll sensor up by the rearview. Install was fantastic. No nicks, cuts, dents, dings, etc. I figure it was worth the savings to avoid the dealer and insurance.

Just my story. Others may have better but thought I'd share what I did. I am in Missouri by the way in case that helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a crack across my windshield this winter. I wanted it replaced as soon as possible. Tried to set up an appointment at the dealer only to find out I had to order the windshield ($1,300) and then once it came in I had to schedule an appointment to get another outside party to come in and install it at the dealership. I then tried Safelite Auto Glass. Long story short, the next day I had a new windshield done at my work for $675. No insurance, no deductible. The windshield is just about the exact same (solar glass, heated, rain sensing, etc). Can't really tell a difference other than the shape of the cutout for the toll sensor up by the rearview. Install was fantastic. No nicks, cuts, dents, dings, etc. I figure it was worth the savings to avoid the dealer and insurance.

Just my story. Others may have better but thought I'd share what I did. I am in Missouri by the way in case that helps.
Thanks I wonder how using safe lite would be. Do you have a coupe or 4 door? I have a 2013 coupe and pricing seems different for a coupe?? My deductible is only $500 and I never make claims thank good on my insurance so it seems going through insurance would save me a few dollars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts