Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has come up several times but I'd like some specific advice on the best wheel size for a winter set.

I'm about to take delivery of an MY14 Dynamic and want a set to swap over for the winter months. I've read that 17" wheels may be the way to go, and I'm pretty sure they'll clear the rotors since LR spec a 17" wheel for snow traction.

Should I go with the 17" option or 18" option. I'm looking for the best winter performance, price and regular weather performance are a secondary concern. I'm also attaching a pic of what the 17's should look like on my RRE.

Posting on another forum too :)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought a spare set of 19 inch OEM wheels and bought Pirelli Snow and Ice tires and they work great. You will get more rubber on pavement with smaller wheels, but I don't regret not buying the smaller rims.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i went with 17 inch wheels. just experienced 8 inches of snow in DC, took it out on both snow and ice -- superb performance. one more benefit of 17 inch wheels .... no worries about potholes.

the 17 inch wheels easily clear the brake calipers.

dasevoque side.jpg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info folks. Das, what size tires did you mount to those? TireRack states 235/65 R17, but the LR guide mentions 225/65 R17.

Cheers.

·
Registered
482 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts