Evoque Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first snow is headed our way to Chicago this weekend. I'm about to order Bridgestone Blizzaks DM-V2 tires for my Evoque, but was wondering what other members have gone with and provide recommendations / alternatives.

Chicago winters can be brutal. Previously I was able to get away with the all-seasons, but after busting my wheel, bearing and tire on my G35xS last year (slid into a curb at slow speed in a parking lot - over a Grand in repairs) last winter I swore to never go another winter without the proper winter tire.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I second the Scorpion Winters but with 235/60/R18's. Sidewalls are your friend esp with your notorious Chicago potholes. Also save yourself some cash this way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice! My wife has Pirelli Scorpion All-Seasons on her vehicle, and they made a huge difference all-around from what she had previously. Definitely send in another reply/review when you have the chance to test it this winter.

I went ahead and ordered the Blizzaks which were a little less expensive then the Pirelli's. The DM-V2 is their newer model, but from all the postive reviews I read on the discontinued DM-V1, they should work out just fine for me. They're getting installed first thing tomorrow and will get tested tomorrow night as we are expecting 4-7 inches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts